Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
This recipe is quick and tasty! Some comments I have seen online is that these can be a replacement for wings, although for meat-eaters... I'm not sure about that? But what I do know is that they are VERY yummy and if you're like me and choose to eat vegetarian, they are definitely a delicious replacement for wings.
1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
1 cup of white wheat flour (or gluten-free variety)
1 cup of water
1/4 cup butter, melted
Hot sauce, to taste
1. Prepare a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the water and flour until the mixture is combine (will be sticky).
3. Then take the cauliflower florets and dredge them in the flour mixture until coated and place on baking sheet. Continue until all the cauliflower pieces are dredged and transferred to the baking sheet.
4. Bake for 10 minutes and the flip each of the pieces. Continue cooking another 10 - 15 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender and the pieces are lightly browned.
5. Combine the butter and hot sauce (I add about 1 - 2 teaspoons). Then toss the sauce with the cauliflower bites and serve.
Serving suggestion: Serve with blue cheese dip and carrot sticks!