While blueberries are so fresh, what could be better than Blueberry-Banana Bread? This recipe is made with my favorite whole grain flour, whole wheat pastry flour, which keeps the texture nice and light!
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 stick butter, melted
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a bread pan with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl combine the melted butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir together.
3. Stir in the whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir well to combine. The mixture will be thick.
4. Fold in the fresh blueberries.
5. Bake for 50 - 60 minutes until the bread is cooked through and the top is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts (per slice): 160 calories, 6 grams fat, 4 grams saturated fat, 0 grams trans fat, 15 milligrams cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 25 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams fiber, 12 grams sugar, 3 grams protein