As you are getting ready for the holiday season, while it’s fun to go to the tried and true traditional recipes, here is a recipe that would go great with a holiday meal! Or this garlic Parmesan spaghetti squash recipe would make a delicious side dish with dinner too!
Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash
Serves 6 - 8
1 spaghetti squash (about 3 pounds)
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil plus more for brushing
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 small shallot, finely chopped
¾ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400º F.
2. With a knife, carefully score squash and poke holes lengthwise where you’re going to cut it in half. Microwave the squash for 5 minutes. Allow to cool. Carefully cut the squash in a half. Scoop out the seeds.
3. Brush the inside of both halves of the squash with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Place the two halves cut side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast the squash until tender, about 30 minutes. Allow several minutes to cool. Using a fork, scrape the insides to create spaghetti like texture. Set aside.
5. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and shallots. Cook until soft and slightly browned, about 2 - 3 minutes.
6. Add the spaghetti squash and sauté for about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and then stir in the Parmesan cheese. To finish, season with salt and pepper to taste.