Looking for a quick and delicious appetizer? These Buffalo Tuna Cakes are simple to mix together and very tasty! Plus they deliver omega-3 fats and go great served with carrots, celery, and blue cheese.
Buffalo Tuna Cakes
1 can (5 oz) of wild tuna
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt or mayonnaise
1/2 sweet onion, chopped fine
1 teaspoon wing sauce*
12 whole wheat crackers, divided
*These are mildly spicy, if you rather more spice, add more wing sauce!
1. In a small mixing bowl combine the tuna, yogurt, onion, and wing sauce. Then crumble four of the crackers into the tuna mixture. Stir to combine.
2. Crumble the remaining crackers and place the crumbs in a small bowl. Season with cracked black pepper to taste.
3. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Take one tablespoon of the tuna mixture, dip it into the crumbled crackers. Gently form into small cakes.
4. Working in batches, place the tuna cakes into the preheated skillet. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes per side, until they are lightly browned on each side.
5. Transfer the crispy tuna cakes to a platter.
Serving suggestion: Serve with celery, carrots, and blue cheese dip.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 100 calories, 2 grams fat, 0 grams saturated fat, 0 grams trans fat, 10 milligrams cholesterol, 200 milligrams sodium, 10 grams carbohydrates, 1 gram fiber, 3 grams sugar, 11 grams protein