This mixed berry walnut crumble is a simply delicious summer treat!
2 cups frozen mixed berries
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon corn starch, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
1 cup almond flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup raw sugar
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 8 x 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In a sauce pan combine the frozen berries, corn starch/water, and sugar. Heat the mixture so the berries are completely thawed and the mixture will lightly bubble. Once the mixture starts to bubble cook it for another 5 minutes. Then remove from heat and set aside, the mixture will thicken up as it cools.
3. To prepare the crust/crumble, combine the almond flour, baking soda, salt, coconut oil, sugar, oats, and walnuts. Set aside 1 cup of the crust/crumble mixture.
4. Press the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Then bake for 40 - 45 minutes, until the crust is lightly browned. Then remove from the oven and top with the mixed berry mixture.
5. Top with the reserved crumble mixture. Return to the oven and bake another 30 minutes, the berry mixture will lightly bubble.
Cool and slice to serve!